Historic Fort Decker
Port Jervis, New York and Related Area Photographs
Fort Decker, a stone house built in 1760, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and serves as a museum for the Minisink Valley Historical Society. While there is no proof supporting the belief, local folklore holds that this building was also once the headquarters for John B. Jervis, principal engineer for the Delaware and Hudson Canal, after whom the city is named.
Click this link to open a map showing Port Jervis area points of interest and their locations including that pictured above.